Monday, November 06, 2006

Isn't She Lovely?

Isn't she wonderful?

Found: 1940's dress form at Antiques by the Bay in Alameda this past weekend. It was my first venture there, though definitely NOT my last. My only concern about returning is the effect on my bank account. . . ; ) Recovered in late 40's barkcloth, style Glen Court Grey. I am so excited to drape my finished Swallowtail, from Interweave Knits, in silky blue-gray Sundara yarn, around her shoulders. What was that? Finished? Oh no, hardly. Hmm? Progress pic? Ahem, well let's just say I'm expanding my skill set learning the provisional cast-on. Here's where I'm at, hardly blog-worthy. . .

And now for an actual finished object:


A kleenex case I made from felt (worked on until 2:30 am last night, per my m.o.) You should see the bags under my eyes! As if it isn't bad enough to be 38, I seem to be trying my best to look it too!!! Inspired by my little mochi's adorable creations as seen in my recently received copy of The Crafter's Companion. You MUST go and get this - it is lovely and inspiring! Ah, to have a studio. . .

And, finally, here's a teaser of what I'm sending my partner in Green Bean Baby's Vintage Christmas Swap. I hope she likes it!!! I'll be sure to post more pictures after it's been received. This is probably my longest standing craft hobby - I've been making these for over 20 years. Geez, maybe I should retitle this post: "There was an old lady. . ."



Before I go, please let me know if I'm going overboard with the links. Personally, I love to follow links from one place to another. It's like being on a magical adventure without a map. . .

No comments: