Saturday, November 04, 2006

44 Things You Could Care Less About

1. FIRST NAME? Inga

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Hmm. Well, my name means "warrior's daughter" so go figure.

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last week.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? More than some, less than others.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Mortadella.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Definitely! I have a great sense of adventure and am always up for new experiences.

7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? This is it.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Not on my life. I tandem-parachuted once, about 13 years ago, and would possibly (read: probably never!) do that again, but the idea itself of bungee jumping makes me nauseous.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Kasha with butter and salt.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If I'm wearing shoes with laces, which is rare. In the summer, I live in flip flops.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I'd like to say yes, but in all honesty, not really.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Mint chocolate chip.

14. SHOE SIZE? 7.

5. RED OR PINK? Red in practice, pink in theory.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Let me get back to you later on that. . .

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Both my grandmothers - so very different, but I miss them both equally and think about them all the time.

18. WHAT COLOR PANTS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Red flannel pajama bottoms, white cotton peasant nightshirt, barefoot. If only I had some handknit socks. . .

19. LAST THING YOU ATE? Warm bread and butter pudding with cream that I made this morning with a left-over baguette.

20. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My son hammering on the furniture.

21. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue Gray. Although normally a tolerant and liberal person, I admit to much shock and dismay regarding modern crayon colors. Macaroni and cheese? Fuzzy wuzzy brown? I'd rather Lemon yellow and raw umber.

22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Real jasmine flowers, David Austin's English Roses, a sunny breeze, my son's skin when he was a baby, hot apple pie, and freshly ground coffee.

23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My mom. My dad was the first person I spoke to this morning.

24. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Their ability to laugh at the absurd.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? I'll admit to coming across Laura's blog some time ago and bookmarking it for one reason or another, probably her enjoyable prose and steady-as-it-goes knititude (unlike my fits and starts), but I hardly know her, so I'll hold off on this one. . .

26. FAVORITE DRINK? Margaritas. Mmm, salt.

27. FAVORITE SPORT? For exercise, swimming. For playing with my son, baseball.

28. EYE COLOR? Green.

29. HAT SIZE? Small.

30. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No.

31. FAVORITE FOOD? Home-made pie, mine that is. If I'm arrogant about one thing only it would be my ability to bake a DAMN GOOD pie.

32. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings.

33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer.

34. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs AND kisses.

35. FAVORITE DESSERT? Pie, pie and more pie.

36. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Currently working on my stack of unread New Yorkers.

37. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE Pad? The mouse. And dirt. . .

38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Nothing, I was trapped on the internet. Usually, any Law & Order, House, Rescue Me, Saved, Grey's Anatomy, The Closer, The Shield, Cold Case, Project Runway, What Not to Wear (anything that I'm wearing!). Yes, I like TV and I AM ashamed of it. . .

39. FAVORITE SOUNDS? The noise of nature when everything else is quiet.

40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Bob Dylan.

41. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? France, when I was 16.

42. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Obsessive attention to detail when I care enough; oh, and baking delicious pies!

43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Berkeley, California.

44. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Pinched it from Laura.

No comments: